Thursday, October 15, 2009

People Thoughts

I think that most people look like animals. Or if not animals, than they look like characters. For example, I know a Peter Pan, a Strawberry Shortcake, and a Dora the Explorer. I also know several bears, a lemur, and a flamingo. My Irish choir director is a gopher. A somewhat volatile, talented gopher who tends towards large, semi-frightening mood swings. One of my professors is a rumply elf, and the other is a cross between a newt and Professor Binns from Harry Potter. Irish girls tend to be mice or rabbits. I'm not sure what the men are yet, but I have seen a lot of elves. We'll see.

Other observations on people:

-All women wear boots, and it's great. I have seen almost no one in a hoodie or in any form of sweats. The girls have very straight, styled hair that always looks good, regardless of the weather. Most of the time, their hair is not it's natural color.

-The old people seem happy. Both times that I've taken the train, it has been full of old married couples and groups of old ladies going shopping in Belfast. They sit in the train seats that face each other and eat packets of crisps and talk about their childrens' problems and what they are going to have for dinner when they get home.

-Kids who swear are funny. Don't judge. You know it's true. But kids who swear in Irish accents are funny and completely adorable. Because they're Irish! And swearing!

3 comments:

  1. today i can post. it's weird. but this blog makes me miss London and adventuring on my lonely own. loneliness is underrated, in my opinion. it's freeing, sometimes. and sometimes it's just lonely. but i hope you get the good kind of lonely and the best kind of tea while you are away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog posts make me smile. Right now I am sitting in the library with a cheesy smile trying not to laugh about little Irish kids swearing. How fantastic.

    ReplyDelete