Monday, October 12, 2009

Ode to Mullers

From now on, the only groceries that I'm buying are apples and yogurt. Ahhhh, Irish yogurt. Is there anything better? No, and again no. I have tried buying ingredients for actual food (the kind that requires cooking), and it is not for me. Actual food needs too many ingredients. I know that if I buy what I need for say, feta and spinach pie, the spinach is going to stay in the freezer for a month while I debate whether or not I should buy shortening to make crust, and then once I actually actually make the pie, I will eat one piece and then freeze the rest of it, because I feel guilt about throwing away leftovers, but at the same time, I never want to eat them. The pie will then stay in the freezer for the rest of the term, gradually getting freezer burn because my tupperware (free when you get Chinese take-out! It doesn't come in the little pagoda boxes; it comes in tupperware. Very convenient for people who don't want to buy their own a.k.a. me) is too cheap to keep it fresh. Meanwhile, the feta will sit quietly in the fridge, waiting to be eaten, but eventually getting donated to another international student's Greek salad.

Muller's (actually, the name is German. So it has those two little dots over the "u." Just so you know) yogurt, on the other hand, is always fresh, because I eat it too quickly for it to pass it's expiration date. And it comes in so many flavors! Banana-chocolate, strawberry-shortcake, dark-chocolate cherry, and my particular all-time favorite, milk-chocolate digestive. And it is full of protein and calcium and all good things.

I am not going to fight it anymore. Bring on the yogurt! I will eat it every single day and will be a happy girl.

2 comments:

  1. Will you come over to our house and eat our vanilla yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear MK,
    You should turn your blog into a travel journal book. I would read it again and again.

    Love,
    EL

    ps- that yogurt sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete