Friday, October 30, 2009

Just Things

Halloween is tomorrow. I am going to be a peacock; a crazy, vogue-esque peacock with fun hair. It thought of it one night when I couldn't sleep because there were people outside of my window, singing (this actually happens a lot. Quite a lot. It irritates me and amuses me at the same time), so I was laying in bed, awake, for a long time. Apparently, Derry is the place to be on Halloween, which is pretty cool, I guess. Oh golly.

I love it here; It's pretty much great all of the time. But I do miss going out to brunch. You can't find French toast in a restaurant to save your life. Or waffles. I could do with a good waffle.

I hear that it is snowing already in Spokane. All I can say is, "Hahahaha! I'm soooo glad that I'm not there!" Not nice, but true. It's actually been super-warm of late; it's almost November and there's been Christmas things out for a month, but it's about sixty degrees outside. Maybe a tiny bit colder. But not much.

I wrote a paper this week. It's awful, but written.

One thing that I especially love about Derry is the doors (and doorknobs). The doors are made of wood and usually painted a fun color, and well over half of them have a doorknob right in the middle of the door. Not on the side. In the middle. I feel like I'm in Wonderland (you know, like Alice. That Wonderland).

No comments:

Post a Comment