Friday, September 18, 2009

Things I Now Know


1. If you go into a cafe and are given a choice between having tea with your meal or coffee with your meal, take the tea. Don't get the coffee. Ever.
2. Apparently, people in Germany know about the Portland Trail Blazers. At least, two of them do.
3. Grocery shopping has always been a soothing activity for me, but grocery shopping in the UK is even better. The groceries come equipped with more interesting names.
4. When walking in Derry, don't bother to use the crosswalk. No one else is going to. Just go with it.
5 As far as I know, no one actually drinks Irish breakfast tea in Ireland. And they don't sell it in the grocery stores. Awww...
6. Irish college students go home when they are not in class. At least I'm assuming so, because I haven't seen any of my Irish flatmates for two days.
7. "What's the craic?" = "What's up?"
8. People in Spain have crazy-pants sleeping schedules.
9. Bill Clinton was the first U.S. president to visit Derry. Or maybe to visit N. Ireland at all. Can't quite remember which. But one or more of those statements is true.
10. Toffee flavored yogurt is delicious; I have never had yogurt that even comes close to matching it.

1 comment: