Saturday, September 26, 2009

My Destination Wedding


I have picked a location for my wedding. It is called Mussenden Temple, and it is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen in my entire life. There it is in the picture. So now I need to find a fiance, preferably Irish because otherwise it would be a super-expensive, destination wedding. If I marry an Irish man, than we will only have to fly my family over here, instead of both of our families! Yes! Problem solved!

Here is a lesson that I learned today: I should not wear my rainboots when it is not raining. Even though I am living in Ireland. Today, unfortunately, I put on my rainboots even though it was not raining, drizzling, or looking like it was going to precipitate in any way.

"I'd rather be over-prepared than under-prepared," I said to myself.

Wrong.

Here's what I should have said to myself:

"Don't wear your hot, black, rubber, waterproof, lined-with-fleece boots unless it is absolutely necessary, because if you do, you'll regret it!"

Which I did. Regret it, that is. But other than that tiny blip, today was fantastic. Today was the day that I finally left Derry and went to another place! And it was great! And there was a coffee shop there that served real coffee, coffee that had never been dehydrated! Neat!

I work at the Whitworth Library when I am at school (in Spokane.) Each employee of the library has a row of shelves they are responsible for; we have to make sure that they are neat and tidy and in proper Library-of-Congress-cataloging-system order. Anyway, I had the travel books last year, so whenever I could, I would go into my section and read the Ireland guide books. I saw a picture of Mussenden Temple, and I said, "I want to go there!" So I did. Today. And it was the most beautiful place. Really, really, realllllllllyyyyyy gorgeous. Go there.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm part of your family so that I can attend your destination wedding!

    ReplyDelete